The Challenge and Goal:
Create a new poster for the 2018 Morgan Hill Downtown Association Wine Stroll. The Wine Stroll is the featured event of the Morgan Hill Wine and Food Week which is working to achieve notoriety for Morgan Hill’s downtown as the place to be to shop, dine, and enjoy the bounty of the land in a glass.
This new poster will be placed in most of Morgan Hill’s downtown businesses and local wineries as well as use in web based and social media marketing efforts next year.
- Create a poster that is 11” x 17” or can be easily reduced to that size, mounted, framed, or ready to be displayed and hung on the wall.
- Include a creative way to list up to a total of forty six (46) business names (could be a few more or less) and event description with sponsor identification or allow room for this in areas of the artwork. Please see the current Wine Stroll poster as a reference.
- Artwork must in some way represent or infer the Wine Stroll event, wine and/or wineries, downtown scene, or related shopping, dining, and drinking. Artist must be at least 18 years of age due to adult setting.
- Artwork is to be delivered to the Morgan Hill Downtown Association, 90 West Main Ave., Suite 6. MHDA office hours are 10am to 2pm. Please call 408/779-3190 to make arrangements to drop-off your artwork.
- Artwork due on Thursday, April 21th, 2017 by 5:00 PM.
- Each ticket holder of the Wine Stroll will be given a ballot so that they can participate in the judging on the day of the Wine Stroll event.
- The winning artist will receive a one-year membership to the Morgan Hill Downtown Association which will include a feature story about the competition highlighting the winning artist.
- The winning artist will also receive their choice of the following:
- Case of assorted wine from the Wine Stroll participants (must be over 21).
- Gift certificate valued at $100 from a local hobby/art supply shop.
- Typical attendance is up to 1,000 people could view and vote on your artwork.
- The MHDA reserves the right to choose new art or retain current art for the next year’s poster. The winner will receive all awards regardless of selection for next year’s poster.
- The artist agrees that the Morgan Hill Downtown Association will have the right to use the art in any manner which is deemed appropriate to promote the events and activities of the Association.
- All artwork, except the winning poster will be donated if not picked up within 7 days of the competition.
- All care will be taken to protect submitted artwork. No guarantee can be made to the condition of artwork upon return due to the festival-like nature of the competition setting.